All you need to know about shaving your bikini line with a safety razor
Let me start by saying that everyone's skin is different. What works for one may not work for others.
I also don't want to impose the idea that shaving is the best or only way to approach your bikini line. However, I would like to mention that using a safety razor on your bikini line is much less irritating than shaving with the multi-blade cartridges you are probably used to. By opting for a well-maintained razor and using the following tips, you'll be ready to go to the beach without having to fear the dreaded ingrowns and razor burn ...
- Try to go through each area as few times as possible. Take your time and be precise. No need to apply pressure, the weight of our brass-handled razor will do all the work for you.
- Shave in the direction of the hair. If that's not close enough, try a second pass perpendicular to the grain. Avoid shaving in the opposite direction of the fibers, as this irritates the skin.
- Spend a few minutes in the shower or bath to soften the hair, but avoid shaving after a long, wet shower or prolonged bath in the tub.
- I shave my bikini line with oil rather than soap, but this was discovered through trial and error. Although oil is my preference for my lower areas, I use soap to shave my legs. Take the time to determine what works best for you.
- A safety razor works well whether you are a French girl in a bikini or you like to go completely naked. If it's the latter case, we recommend crouching down to reach hard-to-reach areas rather than yogi-style acrobatics that involve supporting your leg higher than your head on the shower wall. Or if you're in the bathtub, simply using the rim works well too.
- When you get out of the shower or bathtub, gently dry or pat recently shaved areas.
- Moisturize with a light, natural oil
- Last but not least, avoid wearing underwear for as long as possible. Spend time in your bathrobe or, if you have to leave the house, go commando. I swear it makes all the difference. I tend not to wear underwear for at least 24 hours. If this is not your style, try to avoid underwear with hard seams and/or elastics, a seamless lace number is the second best thing to nothing.
- That's it! Again, remember that everyone's skin is different. Be sure to take the time to determine what works best for you.
Come and discover the entire Well Kept brand:
Article from our partner Well Kept: